Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 6

There is work going on on my building.  If you've ever lived in an apartment, you know that occasionally, they need to drill the balconies and thus is incredibly loud.  It makes it nearly impossible to get any work done.  Because of this, I will be relying on the local coffee shop and the public library to help me focus.

I am not sure what I want to do today.  Basically, I have a number of jobs saved in my Indeed account and I should go over them and apply to each one.  Aside from that, it would be nice to do some coding.  My plan was to create a Flask project.  I am not sure if I want to do this anymore.  It's a very good idea, as it will help me keep my python skills up.  There is a steep learning curve and I have other things to think about.   The most pressing thing on my mind right now is whether I want to accept any of the telecom jobs that may be offered to me.  More specifically, I don't know if I should get hung ho about the telecom connections I have, seeing as I most want to move to Toronto and do pure software there.

The thought I just had  was that I probably should take all opportunities that I can get.  If I land a job here in Ottawa, I just put my Toronto plans on hold for six months and say no to whoever comes back interested in an interview.  My dream is to have this time to apply for  jobs in Toronto and eventually just move right into a nice one bedroom at Yonge and Eglinton.   I looked at 1 bedroom apts in that area and they would cost the same as my apartment.  Supposing I get the same salary there, it would be a perfect move.  So, it looks like I have an ideal situation, and some realities.  Supposing I can get EI for five months, I could take five months to get this job.  The ideal situation is a software job, using Python, in Toronto, near downtown, making 80k.  This job should come in within two or three months.  This is the ideal, and there are significant realities to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment